Category: Tips for Clients
Before Your Session…
Please try to interact with your baby for 1-2 hours before we start your session. Take his/her clothes off; give him/her a bath or 2. It’s also a good idea to schedule your baby’s feeding about 2-3 hours before arriving so you can feed him/her right before our session starts. A tired baby with a full tummy will result in a very sleepy baby.
- Feed your baby as much as you can 12 hours before our session. That way your baby will be really full and sleepier.
- If mommy is nursing I suggest staying away from spicy foods, chocolate, citrus juices, and acidic fruits because it can upset the baby’s tummy and they will feel uncomfortable and not sleep.
- For bottle fed babies you should bring extra formula to last our long session.
- Dress your baby in comfortable loose clothing to prevent marks on the skin. Buttoned up pajamas are easy enough.
- A pacifier is a lifesaver, so please bring on to your session.
During Your Session
- The studio will be very warm.
- Babies are very sensitive and because normally we will be photographing the baby nude, it’s best to keep them comfortable. I recommend dressing yourself in layers so you can take some clothing off if you get too warm. I will also be dressed comfortably with my hair pulled back so you should feel comfortable to do the same.
Example Session – Assuming you live within 10 miles
- Session Start Time: 10:00 a.m.
- Wake Up / Feed Baby: 7:00 a.m.
- Baby Awake Time: 7:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- Feed Baby: 9:15 a.m.
- Leave for Studio: 9:45 a.m.
After Your Session
- Approximately 2 weeks after your session a online shopping cart will be sent via email
- Schedule an in-person ordering appointment where. Here you will have an opportunity to review your session while making final print and product selections.
- Your custom portraits will be delivered 2-3 weeks from the time the order was placed.
Back Up Your Treasures
Kim Andera Photography is not responsible for lost digital files. It is highly recommended you back up your files every 1-2 years. We store your digital files for 18 months as agreed upon in the contract. Please do not alter or reedit my images when you receive them.
Please Remember for an Optimal Experience
- Any items you would like included
- A change of clothes
- A brush or comb
- A pacifier
- Topping baby off helps ensure a satisfied & relaxed “little darling”. We recommend even nursing mamas to bring a bottle with extra milk for this purpose, if able.