Category: Tips for Clients
Tips to Keep your Little Ones Happy
During the session, please sit back and relax. It’s often a natural instinct to want to coerce your family members into smiling by asking him/her to “say cheese” or by doing something silly. I pride myself on engaging with your family members of all ages in a way that elicits a natural and emotive response. It tends to work best if everyone stays back, relaxed (so long as you & your family members are comfortable) to allow me to work one-on-one with the subjects.
I encourage you, if there are small children in your family unit, not to bribe your kid (s) or promise special treats prior to the session. In my experience children can be so focused on earning a treat they want to rush through the session to earn said prize. With your permission I would like to offer your child a special surprise as we near the end of the session. This usually works wonders for me in capturing additional frames we may have otherwise missed as kids are typically intrigued by a new promise of a reward. I have a variety of treats available (stickers, activity sheets with colored pencils, and sweet treats). If you would prefer your child not have an edible surprise, please let me know and I will plan accordingly.
If your child becomes restless at any point during the session please know that it’s not uncommon for me to set down my camera and play with your child for a few minutes. This gives your child a break and helps them trust that I have their best interest in mind.
Please Remember for an Optimal Experience
- A change of clothes
- A brush or comb
- A Snack
- Any items you would like included in the photo session
Before your session…
- Pre-session phone consultation to discuss locations and clothing options.
- Client submit and session contract
- 2 days prior to your session, we will send an appointment confirmation via phone and/or email.
After your session…
- Approximately 2 weeks after your session an online shopping cart will be sent via email.
- Schedule an in-person ordering appointment where you’ll have an opportunity to review your session while making final print and product selections.
- Your custom portraits will be delivered 2-3 weeks from the time the order was placed.
Back Up Your Treasures
Kim Andera Photography is not responsible for lost digital files. It is highly recommended you back up your files every 1-2 years. We store your digital files for 18 months as agreed upon in the contract. Please do not alter or reedit my images when you receive them.